Sunday, August 2, 2015

Google Apps Principal Resources

"Beginning of the Year"

We are one week away from our "Beginning of the Year" meetings and professional development.  As we prepare for this new year, our first as a Google Apps For Education (GAFE) school, I looked back to what I have learned over the last month or so.  I attended the Google Apps Summit in Kansas City and was inspired by +Melinda Miller's presentation on tools for Administrators.  So I scheduled a meeting with the four Principal's in our school district (HS/JH, Athletic Director, Lower Elementary, and Upper Elementary) to demonstrate some of the possibilities of Google Apps.  In preparation for this meeting, I enlisted the help of +Patrick Dempsey (Google Apps Certified and has his Masters in Administration).

"Gobs of Possibilities"

As I looked over all of +Melinda Miller+Patrick Dempsey, and various other resources suggestions, I was amazed at all the free possibilities with Google Apps for Principals (Or teachers for the matter).  I found myself struggling to truly demonstrate all the possibilities and ultimately decided to keep the suggestions brief.  At our school (probably similar to many of yours) our Principals carry many hats/jobs/responsibilities.  While I know they would love to do all these (and more), their available time to work on them is minimal.
Here is the slide I will present to the principals:



"Advise"

Realize that I am simply a teacher and I have never been an administrator.  If you have any other suggestions to provide to the principals at our school district, please feel free to pass those suggestions on to me!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Thank you for your initiative and I'm hopeful that each administrator will utilize all that you teach them! I look forward to a new progressive, school year filled with good communication and more thanks to GAFE. I'm here to support you in all of your good works!

    ReplyDelete